Home / FAQ’S

Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
This page addresses the most commonly asked questions by students relating to the programme (application process, requirements, financial support etc.)
If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please contact us at contact@amis-master.eu.

Yes. We do accept other BA’s at this stage, but please note that students with an academic background in the main fields related to AMIS Programme (material science, physics, chemistry) will be favoured during the selection process. Please consult the entry requirements page for more information.

Yes! A “Conditional Admission” will be issued to students who have not completed their Bachelors Degree yet. In that case, the deadline to submit the Diploma will be postponed to a later date.

No. You only need an English certificate. Please consult the language requirements section within the entry requirements page for more information.

During the application process on the FSA portal, you will be asked about your favourite M2 destination. We always try to ensure that we accommodate each students request, though if there is a heavy imbalance in the number of students applying for one destination over the others, then we may need to make adjustments accordingly.

Please e-mail the AMIS programme coordinator at contact@amis-master.eu and they will will get back to you as soon as possible.

Yes, the EIT Label provides an Added Value Student Activities grant (ASVA grant) to cover travel, subsistence and living costs for students. Please consult the Fees and scholarship page for more information.

In line with EU Financial Regulation, Article 129 (principle of non-cumulative award) double funding is strictly prohibited. Therefore, students who already receive an EU-funded scholarship (i.e. Erasmus Mundus or other) are not entittled to the AVSA grant.
If a student receives a national grant or a grant from another source (as long as it is not EU-funded) and these grants permit additional scholarships to be awarded, students can be awarded an AVSA grant (depending on national rules).

It depends where you do your internship:

– In France, you will be paid a minimum amount of 520€ per month.
– In Finland and Germany there is no general rule that internships are remunerated, although it is quite common that a modest salary (enough to cover the students living costs) is paid. You will need to negotiate this with your employer.

Depending on the country of study, you should budget between 700€ and 1000€ a month.

A couple of weeks after the final applications deadline, you will be contacted by e-mail by one of the institutions of the AMIS Programme consortium to schedule an interview (telephone or Skype). Based on your performance, the jury will decide whether you can join the AMIS Master. If you are accepted, you will receive a general letter of admission to the programme within one week after your interview.
When you have accepted the offer, your hosting university will send you instructions by e-mail on how to complete the registration process online, apply for an accommodation and language classes (if applicable). You will have the choice to live in a public student residence or to get private accommodation. Please note that the process might be slightly different depending on the institution where you have applied.

No. You will need to pay the administration fees on arrival at the university.

The administration fees have to be paid on arrival at the university. These fees have to be paid before December. The payment can be made in three different times (October, November and a final payment in December).

Each institution has a different official starting date for classes:
G INP: first week of September.
Aalto: orientation week begins early August, classes begin the second week of September.
TUD: 1st week of October.

If you are an international student, here is a list of the documents that you will need to bring with you:
• ID card/passport.
• Health record/vaccination certificate (if available).
• Original of your birth certificate with filiation.
• Letter of acceptance from the concerned educational institution (original if available).
• A driver’s license if you want to use a car in Europe.
• Socket adapter, depending on the standard in your country.

For EU citizens:
• A European health insurance card (EHIC) valid for the whole duration of your stay in Europe.